The ISLPED Organizing Committee and Technical Program Committee meetings will be held in Electrical Engineering Department at UCLA.
- OC Meeting: Friday 4/13, 3pm-6pm, Elliott Room (Room 53-135, Engr IV)
- TPC Meeting: Saturday 4/14, 8pm-4pm, starting in Shannon Room
- Wi-Fi access: Please use “UCLA_WEB”. No password required.
All the meeting rooms are located on 5th and 6th floors of Engineering IV Building (marked in the attached map and detailed directions). Enter through the Engr. IV entrance opposite Parking Lot 9 and take the elevators up. We will start in Shannon Room (Main Seminar Room) on 5th floor. This meeting is for the Committee only, not for the regular attendees. The agenda for the TPC meeting will be roughly:
- 08:00-09:00 Registration and breakfast (Room 53-125)
- 09:00-09:15 Opening remark by Chairs (Room 54-134)
- 09:15-12:00 Breakout Review Meetings (see list below)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-15:00 Wrapping up Review Meetings (back to breakout rooms)
- 15:00-16:00 Organizational Issues, Special Sessions, etc (Room 54-134) End of meeting! (sorry, no dinner)
The subcommittees will meet in the following rooms
- Track 1.1: Room 54-134 (same as starting room)
- Track 1.2: Room 57-124
- Track 1.3: Room 53-125 (shared with 2.3)
- Track 2.1: Room 67-124
- Track 2.2: Room 53-135
- Track 2.3: Room 53-125 (shard with 1.3)
(for additional information, see UCLA visitor information).
Transportation to/from UCLA
Information is available at Getting to UCLA.
Los Angeles Airport (LAX) is 15 miles from LAX
Flyaway Bus (to UCLA Bus to/from UCLA from LAX)
1 mile walk to meeting location from bus drop off
$10 each way, website
- Beverly Hills Cab: (310) 273-6611
- Los Angeles Yellow Cab: (877) 733-3305
- LA Checker Cab Company: (800) 300-5007
There are several other hotels within short driving distance (see UCLA Local Accommodations). Below, the hotels within walking distance are listed.
UCLA Guest House (~$150)
- Small on campus hotel with limited space
- 5-10 minute walk
- 330 Charles E Young Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90095
- (310) 825-2923
W Hotel Los Angeles (Westwood) (~$200-270)
- At edge of Campus, 10 minute walk
- Upscale lodging with pool, bar.
- 930 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024
- (310) 208-8765
Hilgard House Hotel (~$150)
- 10 minute walk
- Ask for special UCLA rates
- 927 Hilgard Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90024
- (310) 208-3945
Hotel Palomar Westwood (~$250)
- 15 minute walk
- 10740 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90024
- (800) 472-8556 or (310) 475-8711
Royal Palace Westwood (~$150)
- 15 minute walk
- 1052 Tiverton Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90024
- (310) 208-6677
Parking at UCLA is $11 per day * Visit the Kiosk at the middle of the street at: 550 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90025 Ask for Lots 9, 6, or 8 if possible * Street parking is very difficult and not recommended
(For groups over 4 people, advance reservations are highly recommended). Also visit Yelp for more recommendations. Any type of cuisine can be found within a 5 mile radius of UCLA. Westwood Village has several restaurants to suit almost any taste and budget. Few of them are listed below.
In Westwood Village (5-10 minute walk)
Napa Valley Grille ($$)
* Napa Valley-type fare (upscale American Cuisine) * 1100 Glendon Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 * (310) 824-3322 * Website
Barney’s Beanery ($)
* Informal Sports Bar / Restaurant * 1037 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 * (310) 443-7777
Yamato Restaurant ($$)
* Japanese food (sushi, rolls, grilled meats, rice dishes) * 1099 Westwood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90024 * (310) 208-0100 * Website
Shamshiri ($$) (1.1 miles)
* Persian fare * 1712 Westwood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90024 * (310) 474-1410
Regency Village Theater
- 961 Broxton Avenue, Los Angeles; 10 minute walk
- One of the many historic movie theaters very close to UCLA
Santa Monica Pier & 3rd Street Promenade (~ 5 miles)
- Quintessential Los Angeles Beach scene- shops, games, beach, restaurants
- Pier has rides, shops, games
- Promenade has shops, movies, restaurants. On weekends, there are street performers
- Pier and Promenade are next to each other
- Pier Website
- Promenade Website
- Drive, or take the Blue Bus #1, 2 from Campus
Getty Center (Museum) (~2 miles)
- $1.3B center, with gardens, scenic vistas, art.
- Free / $15 for parking or take Metro Rapid Line 761 from Westwood Bl.
Grauman’s Chinese Theatre (~8 miles)
- Visit the Hollywood scene costumed characters, handprints of stars, walk of fame
- 6925 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90028, (323) 461-3331
- Take the #2 Metro Bus from Campus, and get off on Highland. Walk north on Highland to Hollywood Bl.
LA County Museum of Art & La Brea Tar Pits (~6 miles)
- Second largest museum in LA. La Brea Tar pits is a natural lake of tar.
- 5905 Wilshire Bl, Los Angeles, CA. (323) 857-6010
Staples Center (~15 miles)
Disneyland (40 miles)
Universal Studios (~17 miles)